More Blogging Tips - getting started
Imo said the other day that she was 'terrified' she didn't know what to do on the blog. So I thought I'd type some basic instructions.
Once you have accepted your invitation to join the blog your name should appear in the 'contributors' column (to the right of the screen).
- If you want to log into your account, go to www.blogger.com. You can also get to the log in page by clicking on the orange 'B' blogger logo at the top left hand of the screen, or by clicking on the white 'I-power blogger' at the bottom of the sidebar (right hand side of the screen).
- Type your username and password into the boxes at the top right hand side of the screen.
- Y ou should now be logged in to blogger. You should be able to see 'Dear Pa', followed by a green cross + and then a blue gear cog * (Sorry, I couldn't find a good picture of a gear cog)
Making a post
- This is what you do if you want to write something and put it on the blog. (This is a post)
- To make a post, click on the + (it also says 'new post')
- Then you can type your 'post' (what you want to say) in the main box. There is also a smaller box labelled 'title' in which you can type the main subject of your post. (The title of this post is "More Blogging Tips - getting started")
- Once you have finished your message you can keep it unpublished as a draft (by clicking on the blue 'Save as Draft' to the bottom left of the screen). But you can also click 'Publish Post' which will put the post on the blog.
There are many other things you can do on the blog like editing, or adding a picture (as discussed in my previous 'blogging tips' post). But I will not discuss them here.
Hopefully this helps you to get started.