Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Some Blogging Tips.

Dear Pa,

I'm really glad to see that everything's gone smoothly (I hope it was smooth).

I just thought I'd put a few 'blogging tips' up, but I'm sure you've probably figured most of them out already.

1. See 'comments' below this post? If you click on it you can type a message reply to someone else's post. There is a number indicating how many comments have been made on each post.

2. If you want to put a picture on a post, there is an 'add image' button on the 'create post' screen. Another wondow will pop up. Press the 'browse' button and find the file of the picture you want to use and click ok. Then click on 'upload image'. You'll have to wait a few minutes for it to upload. Then press 'done' and the image should appear. I have added a picture of the 'orion nebula' which I am using as my desktop wall paper at the moment.

3. You can also play around with font sizes and colours.

4. If you want to link a website to your post, select the text you want to link to the site. Then click the 'link' button (it's the green blobby looking one). Then copy or type the web address of the site you want to link to into the text box that pops up and press ok. For example, I've put a link to my Humour Archive. This is a blog I have created to try and get started on my thesis.

I hope this helps. (Ruth, maybe you can upload your picture now?)

Bye.

PS. If you want to know how to put links in the side bar 'links' section, email me and I'll put more detailed instructions. There is also Blogger Help which you can browse as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home